- Région Genève
- Type de contrat Temporaire - Temps plein
- Secteur d'activité Autres métiers
They are currently looking for a
Programme Officer Europe
to be based in Geneva .
Description de la mission
Information on the position
The EUROPE unit covers the funding relationships with the Governments, National Societies and Private Partners of 19 countries: Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Sweden, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Greece, Cyprus, Portugal, Malta and Holy See. In 2018, this represents a volume of over CHF 350 million. From these 19 Governments, ten are part of the DSG and are managed by the Head of Unit and Country Managers (CM). The other nine non-DSG countries are managed on a daily basis by the two Programme Officers (PO) of the Europe unit, with the following repartition of countries:
- Programme Officer A: Iceland, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino
- Programme Officer B: Cyprus, Greece, Holy See, Malta and Portugal
1. Purpose of the post
The Resource Mobilization Officer manages the overall funding relationships with the donors for her/his assigned (non-DSG) countries. S/he acts as an interface between The Company and these donors, facilitating institutional and operational contacts and ensuring the necessary follow-up. S/he contributes to raising funds needed for the overall financing of The Company in line with The Company Funding Strategy 2019-2022
2. Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Ensure the daily management of the funding relationship with Governments, National Societies and Private Partners for assigned countries.
- Establish a regular contact and strengthen the relationship with REM counterparts in assigned countries, e.g. participating in regular meetings/visits.
- Promote The Company funding needs on the basis of appeals and updates. Provide regular and ad-hoc financial forecasts, funding proposals, as well as updated information on operations funded by donors.
- (Where required for reasons of protocol, representation for the assigned countries will be by the Head of Unit, supported by the Resource Mobilization Officer.)
- Ensure the administrative follow-up of each contribution from registration to reporting and filing.
- Prepare Partnership Agreements with National Societies on base of the PFR and following the Country Managers and Delegation directives.
- Prepare funding proposals, appeals and reporting documents (in coordination with REM_REP)
- Create and update existing fundraising databases including data entry and analysis.
Support of the Head of Unit and Country Managers in the management of donors covered by the unit
Together with the other Programme Officer:
- Prepare supplementary information for the visits to/and from donors (briefing files).
- Participate in the overall reflection and strategy building of the unit, as well as in the analysis of the funding situation, donors funding mechanisms and stakeholder mapping.
3. Main Skills and profile
- Good knowledge and understanding of The Company and its administrative procedures
- Good oral and technical writing skills, including ability to analyse and synthetize.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to set priorities and follow objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Capacity to work under pressure with a large number of interlocutors.
- Flexibility, good humour and strong sense of team spirit / team player.
- A broad interest in and exposure to operations and wider institutional programming as well as a general interest in and familiarity with humanitarian issues.
- An ability to understand basic accounting and budget procedures.
- Internal and external networking and "negotiating" skills.
5. Certifications / Education required
- University degree an asset, in a relevant field.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and French.
Other relevant languages an asset.
- Computer proficiency.
6. Professional Experience required (TBD by HR)
- 5 to 9 years professional experience
- Strong technical writing skills, preferably with prior experience as a communication professional, writer, grant writer or researcher
- Proven experience in analysing and synthesising large amounts of information
- Référence INT-023394
- Publié le 12 novembre 2021
- Consultant Ligia GATEAU